Another interesting tag post! I was nominated by the wonderful thequotorium. This tag was a bit more extensive than the usual so it took me some time to get to it! Thank you for nominating me and it’s always fun to read more about the aspects out of the scope of what people, as bloggers, usually write on. Here’s my take!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
3 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
I don’t know what might feel interesting to you about me, let me give it a shot.
- Trivia that’s related to anime! I’ve started watching anime in grade school, and up until the internet became a part of our lives, we watched whatever was on TV. One of the series that aired when i was in junior high was You are Under Arrest. Loved that show for many reasons, but it was the first time I learned about kendo, a Japanese martial art. Although I started practicing much later in university, kendo gave me something to be passionate about and filled a part of me that most of my ‘hobbies’ couldn’t. [Kendo cannot be an official Olympic sport due to its scoring system since the decision heavily depends on the referees. No Olympic sport means no national athlete and no official funding. Thus, exceptional players are all employed in the police force, hence Lieutenant Tokairin practicing kendo in You are Under Arrest. Which is quite interesting, since in one of the past All Japan Kendo Championship, the top level competition, one competitor was a doctor and it was greatly talked in the kendo circles!]
- I love reading books and participating in discussions! Greatly interested in literature and literary theory. I’m quite the introvert and hardly ever have the energy to leave my flat but love being a part of, or forming, reading groups with friends.
- I left a PhD program in half and currently trying to decide whether to enroll again (but to a shorter one, without quals) or to go into workforce. My field of research is theoretical quantum mechanics.
I lead the most uninteresting/uneventful life….
- Water, earth, fire, or air?
Air! I admired the Air Tribe in ATLA and Aang, I even gave his name to my late cat. ♡♡
- What anime have you watched and hated that everyone else seems to love?
Sounds obnoxious when I say or, in this case, type it, but I dropped a lot of the ‘popular shows’ because I never seem to be that interested in them and don’t understand the hype. But one show that I felt so strongly to a point I could call it ‘hate’ is Your Lie in April, and everyone seems to be in love with it……. A detailed review on what I think of the show, written by Caitlin Moore for Anime Feminist.
- If you had infinite time on your hands, what type of project would you want to tackle?
‘Infinite amount of time’ sounds like the best opportunity in our tight-scheduled lives but for some reason, having too much time in your hands sometimes leads to procrastinating a lot (at least that’s the case for me). However, trying to tackle time-consuming but non-essential stuff like learning a language and reading all the manga and books sounds really nice! I essentially enjoy learning things, how trivial or specific they are. I take online classes as a hobby.
- What’s a piece of trivia that you love telling people?
You know that old comedic relief where a character steps on a rake? That happened to me when I was a kid, and it seems to function as a comedic relief in real life as well. xD
- Do you prefer shorter video games or the more long form types? Trying to figure out this one myself.
I hope I understood this question correctly. I am by no means a gamer, I think I prefer shorter games since there are other things I prefer doing. Currently, the only game that I’m heavily invested in is Honkai Impact 3rd! It has a nice balance of additional arcs that keep you in when it comes to the main story or different modes where you just go in and fight the evil. Eventually, I’m guessing it is related to what genre you’re playing as well and your engagement in the theme of said game.
I don’t have a post that I could refer to as ‘best’, however one that I greatly enjoyed writing was Where Literature and Anime Intertwines! My two favorite things in one place? Sign me up!
- I mentioned something I started doing thanks to anime. What about you? Have you ever took up on or tried something that you saw in anime?
- Any general bad habits/a type of prejudice that you have when you’re first starting an anime series? Example: I am very picky about genre, thus I don’t start a series from *insert the genre you don’t like* unless I read very good things about it.
- Any title that you think should exist in another form? Ex. a manga that needs an anime adaptation, an anime that needs a game adaptation etc.
- What’s one character you think is greatly misunderstood by fandom or a series that is paid dust but it should change?
- Something personal: what is one thing that you didn’t think would enjoy/it wasn’t your thing but out of utter boredom you took it up and enjoyed in the end? I’m sure quarantine life had us do otherwise unreasonable things.
Bonus question: Terry Eagleton once said “Evil becomes sexy, when virtue becomes boring,” in a discussion on our fascination with evil characters. What are your thoughts on this? This isn’t easy to just answer under an award post and I intend it to be more of a conversation starter, or a new blog post idea that you may want to play around with.
Here are my nominees! Tried to find people who didn’t do this before from the recent posts but you know the drill, we don’t feel obligated to do the tag posts in this household~
That’s all for this post, I wish you all a nice and healthy day!